Contributed by Lincoln Historical Society
Katahdin Pulp & Paper Saw Mill beside the Penobscot River, taken around 1905. The mill operated between 1902 and 1907. The train on the left, engine not pictured, is a narrow gauge rail that hauled the pulp 3/4 mile up to the pulp mill.
About This Item
- Title: Katahdin Pulp & Paper Co. saw mill, Lincoln, ca. 1905
- Creation Date: circa 1905
- Subject Date: circa 1905
- Town: Lincoln
- County: Penobscot
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 17.77 cm x 11.68 cm
- Collection: Lumber & mills
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Paper mills--Maine--Lincoln
- Lumber industry--Maine--Lincoln
- Pulp mills--Maine--Lincoln
- Narrow gauge railroads--Maine
For more information about this item, contact:Lincoln Historical Society
29 West Broadway, Lincoln, ME 04457
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.