Contributed by Guilford Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
This is a view of Water Street, looking west, around 1930. The Bangor & Aroostook Railroad tracks are on the left. The first (closest) building on the right is M. Holbrook's Pool Hall and Bowling Alley. In recent years it was the American Legion Hall. The next building on the right is the Willis Bennett Garage. It is currently Clarke's Restaurant. At the end of the street is the Douglas Store with an awning over the entire length of the front of the building.
About This Item
- Title: Water Street looking west, Guilford, ca. 1930
- Creation Date: circa 1930
- Subject Date: circa 1930
- Town: Guilford
- County: Piscataquis
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Local Code: 1000.226
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Water Street (Guilford, Me.)
- Bowling alleys--Maine--Guilford
- Automobile service & repair--Maine--Guilford
- Billiard parlors--Maine--Guilford
- Stores & shops--Maine--Guilford
- Bangor & Aroostook Railroad
- Douglas Store
- Holbrook's Pool Hall & Bowling Alley
- Willis Bennett's Garage
For more information about this item, contact:Guilford Historical Society
PO Box 893, Guilford, ME 04443
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.