Contributed by McArthur Public Library
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The iron structure of the Pier at Old Orchard Beach.
A large number of persons took refuge on the iron pier and when the flames were sweeping through the hotels. They ripped up the planking and saved the famous structure from serious damage.
Many people were left homeless by the fire and those summer vacationers who could manage transportation left the area. However many people came to see the ruins in this seaside town.
About This Item
- Title: Old Orchard Beach Pier after fire of 1907, Old Orchard, 1907
- Creator: Gay, Robert H.
- Creation Date: 1907
- Subject Date: 1907
- Town: Old Orchard Beach
- County: York
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 10.2 cm x 12.5 cm
- Local Code: 0404B
- Collection: Robert H. Gay Collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Accidents--Maine--Old Orchard Beach
- Beaches--Maine--Old Orchard Beach
- Buildings--Maine--Old Orchard Beach
- Fires--Maine--Old Orchard Beach
- Old Orchard Beach (Me.)--Fires, 1907
- Piers & wharves--Maine--Old Orchard Beach
- Spectators--Maine--Old Orchard Beach
- Curious spectators viewing the iron skeleton of the Pier
- The skeleton of the Pier at Old Orchard Beach after fire, 1907
For more information about this item, contact:McArthur Public Library
PO Box 346, Biddeford, ME 04005
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.