Contributed by Guilford Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
This magnificent building was the location of the French & Elliott Company, the Masonic Hall and the Odd Fellows Hall. This photo was taken in 1916 after preparations had been made for the 'Centennial Celebration'. The building is draped with flags and buntings. It was located at the head of Bank Square and faced north. The left wing was later the office of the Walter Blake Insurance Company. This beautiful building was razed in 2000 to make way for the Rite Aid store which currently stands at this location.
About This Item
- Title: French & Elliott Company, Masonic Hall, Odd Fellows Hall, Guilford, 1916
- Creation Date: 1916
- Subject Date: 1916
- Local Name: Bank Square
- Town: Guilford
- County: Piscataquis
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Local Code: 1000.220
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Masonic buildings--Maine--Guilford
- Independent Order of Odd Fellows (Guilford, Me.)
- Centennial celebrations--Maine--Guilford
- Guilford (Me.)--Centennial celebrations, etc.
- Stores & shops--Maine--Guilford
For more information about this item, contact:Guilford Historical Society
PO Box 893, Guilford, ME 04443
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.