Contributed by Guilford Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The Armed National Guard Troops are patrolling and monitoring activities during a strike at the Guilford Woolen Mill, September 17, 1934. The troops can be seen standing between the picketers and the mill. The local people were amused and highly resentful of the outside interference of the Union organizers and picketers. Only one local joined the so-called strike.
About This Item
- Title: Armed National Guard Troops at Guilford Woolen Mill, September 17, 1934
- Creation Date: 1934-09-17
- Subject Date: 1934-09-17
- Location: Guilford, Piscataquis County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Local Code: 1000.207
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- United States--National Guard
- Strikes and lockouts--Textile industry--Maine--Guilford
- Labor disputes--Maine--Guilford
For more information about this item, contact:Guilford Historical Society
PO Box 893, Guilford, ME 04443
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.