Contributed by Guilford Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
National Guard troops from Pittsfield arrived in Guilford during union organization and picketing activities at the Guilford Woolen Mill, September 17, 1934.
The National Guard was called to maintain order as it was feared the picketers, who were all from out of town, might become unruly.
About This Item
- Title: Arrival of National Guard troops, Guilford, 1934
- Creation Date: 1934-09-17
- Subject Date: 1934-09-17
- Location: Guilford, Piscataquis County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Local Code: 1000.206
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- United States--National Guard
- Strikes and lockouts--Textile industry--Maine--Guilford
- Labor disputes--Maine--Guilford
For more information about this item, contact:Guilford Historical Society
PO Box 893, Guilford, ME 04443
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.