Contributed by Guilford Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Taken during the flood, May 1, 1923, along the Piscataquis River, in Guilford. The photograph is looking east along the Bangor & Aroostook Railroad. River Street is to the left and the town athletic field is on the right with the catcher's backstop barely above the water.
About This Item
- Title: Flood in Guilford, 1923
- Creation Date: 1923-05-01
- Subject Date: 1923-05-01
- Town: Guilford
- County: Piscataquis
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Local Code: 1000.203
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Guilford (Me.)--Floods, 1923
- Athletic fields--Maine--Guilford
- Railroad tracks--Maine--Guilford
- Piscataquis River (Me.)
- Bangor and Aroostook Railroad Company--Equipment and supplies
- River Street (Guilford, Me.)
For more information about this item, contact:Guilford Historical Society
PO Box 893, Guilford, ME 04443
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.