Contributed by Guilford Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The Town Hall was built in 1880, lost to fire in 1928. The fire house and hose house (used for drying hoses) can be seen in the rear of the photograph. Equipment and records were destroyed in this fire. The Town Hall was never rebuilt.
About This Item
- Title: Remains of Guilford Town Hall after fire of 1928
- Creation Date: 1928-02-06
- Subject Date: 1928-02-06
- Location: Guilford, Piscataquis County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Local Code: 1000.73
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- City & town halls--Maine--Guilford
- Guilford (Me.)--Fires, 1928
- Firefighting equipment--Maine--Guilford
For more information about this item, contact:Guilford Historical Society
PO Box 893, Guilford, ME 04443
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.