Contributed by Skyline Farm
Single horse utility wagon used by F.W. Loring to transport goods between his place of business at Dunn's Corner, East North Yarmouth and his clients. Loring purchased Dunn's store in 1901. Located adjacent to the Grand Trunk Railway, the General Store became an important link to the world beyond North Yarmouth. Note the metal Sarven hubs on wheels facilitating spoke replacement.
About This Item
- Title: Loring Market Wagon, North Yarmouth, ca. 1910
- Creation Date: circa 1910
- Subject Date: circa 1910
- Location: North Yarmouth, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Wood, metal
- Dimensions: 150 cm x 120 cm x 220 cm
- Object Type: Physical Object
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Stores & shops--Maine--North Yarmouth
- Transportation--Maine--North Yarmouth
- Carts & wagons--Maine--North Yarmouth
- Loring, F.W.--Associated objects
For more information about this item, contact:Skyline Farm
PO Box 144, Yarmouth, ME 04096
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.