Contributed by North Yarmouth Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
In 1911, the railroad track relocation project by Maine Central Railroad was manned by both local workers and by men from Portland known as “the Italians.” This photo shows work crews constructing a temporary trestle that would eventually become the overpass on Route 9 (Memorial Highway).
About This Item
- Title: Building the Maine Central Railroad overpass, North Yarmouth, 1911
- Creation Date: 1911
- Subject Date: 1911
- Town: North Yarmouth
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 5.3 cm x 8.1 cm
- Local Code: img710.jpg
- Collection: Ginger Sawyer Collins collection (in process)
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Trestles--Maine--North Yarmouth
- Railroad construction & maintenance--Maine--North Yarmouth
- Maine Central Railroad Company--Employees
- Railroad construction workers
- Italian Americans--Maine
- Railroad employees--Maine
- Bridges--Maine--North Yarmouth
- Railroad bridges--Maine--North Yarmouth
For more information about this item, contact:North Yarmouth Historical Society
10 Village Square Road , North Yarmouth, ME 04097
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.