Contributed by Sanford-Springvale Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Rumford's St. Athanasius Parochial School Marching Band participated in a parade on Main Street in Sanford in 1955. St. Athanasius Parochial School included grades kindergarten through eighth grade.
In the background were Main Street businesses including Kent's Dry Cleaning, the State Theater, First National and Goodwin's Pharmacy. It is possible that this parade was one of the Western Maine Music Festivals hosted by Sanford.
About This Item
- Title: St. Athanasius Parochial School Marching Band in Sanford, 1955
- Creator: Russell J. Goodall
- Creation Date: 1955
- Subject Date: circa 1955
- Sanford, York County, ME
- Rumford, Oxford County, ME
- Media: Photo transparency
- Dimensions: 2.51 cm x 3.67 cm
- Local Code: RG0005
- Collection: Russell Goodall Slides
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Marching bands--Maine--Sanford
- Parades & processions--Maine--Sanford
- Stores & shops--Maine--Sanford
For more information about this item, contact:Sanford-Springvale Historical Society
P. O. Box 276 505 Main Street, Springvale, ME 04083
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.