Contributed by Phil Chase through Prince Memorial Library
Not available for reproduction or licensing. More info.
Blacksmith shop and metal firehouse, located next to Congregational Church, Main Street, Cumberland. The blacksmith shop was operated by Fred Adams from 1907 to 1944. John S. Adams & Son operated a blacksmith shop in Cumberland from 1885 to 1903. Before becoming a blacksmith shop, the building housed the Capt. N. L. Humphrey Store.
About This Item
- Title: Fred Adams Blacksmith shop and metal firehouse, Cumberland, ca. 1920
- Creation Date: circa 1920
- Subject Date: circa 1920
- Town: Cumberland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 7.0 cm x 11.5 cm
- Local Code: 2009.0079
- Collection: Phil Chase Photo Collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Forge shops--Maine--Cumberland
- Main Street (Cumberland, Me.)
For more information about this item, contact:Prince Memorial Library
266 Main Street, Cumberland, ME 04021
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.