Contributed by Phil Chase through Prince Memorial Library
Not available for reproduction or licensing. More info.
Wagon used to deliver wholesale carnations by Arno S. Chase, who had a number of greenhouses behind his home on Main Street, Cumberland. His home was on the corner of Main and Tuttle, and is now 285 Main Street. Arno Chase is driving the wagon, and the girl beside him is Laura Chase. The picture appears to have been taken from in front of the Chase home looking towards Tuttle Road. The structure in the background of the photograph is the former Prince Tavern, now 371 Tuttle Road.
About This Item
- Title: Arno S. Chase flower delivery wagon, Cumberland, ca. 1910
- Creation Date: circa 1910
- Subject Date: circa 1910
- Town: Cumberland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 17.7 cm x 12.6 cm
- Local Code: 2009.0015
- Collection: Phil Chase Photo Collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Prince Memorial Library
266 Main Street, Cumberland, ME 04021
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Nurseries (Horticulture)--Maine--Cumberland
- Carts & wagons--Maine--Cumberland
- Fathers and daughters
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.