Contributed by Scarborough Historical Society & Museum
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
This record was added to Maine Memory Network through the efforts of a student at Scarborough Middle School.
This type of buckboard was typical for transportation in the 1880s-1890s. Leeman's Buckboard at Higgins Beach in Scarborough picked up passengers at the local train stations and took them to their hotels or summer homes.
About This Item
- Title: Leeman's Buckboard at Higgins Beach, Scarborough, ca. 1880
- Creator: Leeman, Marion L.
- Creation Date: circa 1880
- Subject Date: circa 1880
- Local Name: Higgins Beach
- Town: Scarborough
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 18.4 cm x 24.7 cm
- Local Code: 98.25.4
- Collection: Transportation
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Carts & wagons--Maine--Scarborough
- Carriages & coaches--Maine--Scarborough
For more information about this item, contact:Scarborough Historical Society & Museum
PO Box 156, Scarborough, ME 04070-0156
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.