Contributed by Raymond H. Fogler Library
A video clip (:30) from campaign material used during Bill Cohen's 1978 bid for election to the Senate features the beginning of Cohen's statement July 25, 1974 during impeachment hearings during the Watergate investigations.
Cohen, a Republican in his first term in the U.S. House, was a member of the Judiciary Committee that investigated the Watergate burglary and cover-up.
He cast the sole Republican vote on the committee to reject President Richard Nixon's offer to release transcripts of tapes instead of the actual tapes. He also voted in favor of impeachment.
About This Item
- Title: Bill Cohen comments on Watergate, 1974
- Creation Date: 1974-07-25
- Subject Date: 1974-07-25
- Town: Washington
- State: DC
- Media: Video recording
- Object Type: Moving Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Cohen, William S.--Oratory
- Legislators--United States
- Nixon, Richard M. (Richard Milhous), 1913-1994
- Political oratory
- Presidents--United States
- Speeches, addresses, etc.
- United States. President (1969-1974 : Nixon)
- Watergate Affair, 1972-1974
- Watergate Trial, Washington, D.C., 1973
For more information about this item, contact:Raymond H. Fogler Library
University of ME; 5729 Fogler Library, Orono, ME 04469
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.