Contributed by Raymond H. Fogler Library
A video clip (:30) from campaign material used during Bill Cohen's 1978 bid for election to the Senate features the beginning of Cohen's statement July 25, 1974 during impeachment hearings during the Watergate investigations.
Cohen, a Republican in his first term in the U.S. House, was a member of the Judiciary Committee that investigated the Watergate burglary and cover-up.
He cast the sole Republican vote on the committee to reject President Richard Nixon's offer to release transcripts of tapes instead of the actual tapes. He also voted in favor of impeachment.
About This Item
- Title: Bill Cohen comments on Watergate, 1974
- Creation Date: 1974-07-25
- Subject Date: 1974-07-25
- Town: Washington
- State: DC
- Media: videotape
- Object Type: Video and sound
For more information about this item, contact:Raymond H. Fogler Library
University of ME; 5729 Fogler Library, Orono, ME 04469
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- United States. President (1969-1974 : Nixon)
- Cohen, William S.--Oratory
- Speeches, addresses, etc.
- Political oratory
- Watergate Affair, 1972-1974
- Watergate Trial, Washington, D.C., 1973
- Nixon, Richard M. (Richard Milhous), 1913-1994
- Legislators--United States
- Presidents--United States
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.