Contributed by McArthur Public Library
Ruins of Shaw's Block at Main and Jefferson Streets, Biddeford, after the fire of May 28, 1872. The fire started at 3:30 AM, and destroyed the block. This view is from the back of the block, and the Pavilion Congregational Church, now the McArthur Public Library, can be seen across the other side of Main Street. Benjamin Cole photographed this scene and turned it into a stereo-card to sell.
About This Item
- Title: Shaw's Block ruins, Biddeford, 1872
- Creator: Cole, Benjamin F.
- Creation Date: 1872
- Subject Date: 1872-05-28
- Location: Biddeford, York County, ME
- Media: Stereograph
- Dimensions: 8.5 cm x 17.5 cm
- Local Code: 630
- Collection: General Image Collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Biddeford (Me.)--Fires, 1872
- Congregational churches--Maine--Biddeford
- Cityscape photographs--Maine--Biddeford
For more information about this item, contact:McArthur Public Library
PO Box 346, Biddeford, ME 04005
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.