Contributed by Brick Store Museum
A Book of Psalms and New Testament that Sally Sayward Barrell Keating Wood (1759-1855) gave to her great-great-granddaughter Annie Anderson Morton, (10/5/1851-8/14/1854).
Annie was the daughter of Wood's great-grandson Dr. Edward Watts Morton (1828-?) and his wife Olive (Lord) Morton (1831-1884).
Sally Wood lived for some time with her widowed granddaughter and her great grandson Dr. Morton in Kennebunk.
An inscription on the inner right page reads, "Annie A Morton – from her great, great, grand mother Wood - May 1854."
About This Item
- Title: Book of Psalms and New Testament, Kennebunk, ca. 1854
- Creation Date: circa 1854
- Subject Date: circa 1854
- Location: Kennebunk, York County, ME
- Media: book, Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 9.5 cm x 5.5 cm x 2.5 cm
- Local Code: 18.104.22.168
- Collection: Rare Books
- Object Type: Text
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Women authors
- Authors--United States--Maine
- Wood, Sally Sayward Barrell Keating, 1759-1855--Associated objects
- Morton, Annie Anderson, 1851-1854--Associated objects
For more information about this item, contact:Brick Store Museum
117 Main Street, Kennebunk, ME 04043
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.