Contributed by McArthur Public Library
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The boarding houses of the Laconia Mills, York Street, Biddeford, circa 1895.
Some of the residents can be seen about the doorstep of one of the homes.
The Laconia Mills were below the Pepperell Mills, on the Lower Falls end of the river and Main Street. These homes were directly adjacent to the entrance of the Laconia Mills, and steps away from the shops and amenities of Main Street.
The Laconia Mills were absorbed by the Pepperell Mills in 1899.
About This Item
- Title: Laconia Mills boarding houses, Biddeford, ca. 1895
- Creation Date: circa 1895
- Subject Date: circa 1895
- Location: Biddeford, York County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 12.5 cm x 17.5 cm
- Local Code: 0638
- Collection: General Image Collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Textile industry--Maine--Biddeford
- Lodging houses--Maine--Biddeford
- Pepperell Manufacturing Company
- Laconia Company--People
- Textile workers--Maine--Biddeford
For more information about this item, contact:McArthur Public Library
PO Box 346, Biddeford, ME 04005
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.