Contributed by Hubbard Free Library
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
A group of Hallowell Granite Works carvers around 1895-1900 pose for a portrait in front of one of the granite sheds.
Named workers include, back row, fourth from left, James Pellegrini and fifth from left, Settimo Masciadri.
Sixth from left in front row is Ed Littlefield.
The carvers were the elite of the granite workers.
About This Item
- Title: Hallowell Granite Works carvers, ca. 1895
- Creation Date: circa 1895
- Subject Date: circa 1895
- Town: Hallowell
- County: Kennebec
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 10.5 cm x 16 cm
- Local Code: B-45
- Collection: Hubbard Free Library Collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Hubbard Free Library
115 Second Street, Hallowell, ME 04347
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Carvers (Decorative artists)--Maine--Hallowell
- Granite industry and trade--Maine--Hallowell
- Hallowell Granite Works--Employees
- Stone carvers--Maine--Hallowell
- Group portraits
- Italian Americans--Maine
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.