Contributed by Hubbard Free Library
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The Hallowell Fire Association was organized in 1837 and continues to the present day. The Fire Association Band played in parades and at firemen's musters. This photograph was taken by George F. McIntosh who is known to have worked with Hallowell photographer Augustus F. Morse in 1879.
About This Item
- Title: Hallowell Firemen's Association Band, Hallowell, ca. 1890
- Creator: George F. McIntosh
- Creation Date: circa 1890
- Subject Date: circa 1890
- Location: Hallowell, Kennebec County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 12 cm x 17 cm
- Local Code: M-98
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Hallowell Fire Association (Hallowell, Me.)
- Group portraits
- Marching bands--Maine--Hallowell
For more information about this item, contact:Hubbard Free Library
115 Second Street, Hallowell, ME 04347
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.