Contributed by McArthur Public Library
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Two unidentified women attend the Jacquard looms at the Pepperell Mills, Biddeford, circa 1925.
Jacquard looms were used to weave complex designs into cloth using the punch cards that can be seen at the top of the looms.
About This Item
- Title: Jacquard looms at the Pepperell Mills, Biddeford, ca. 1925
- Creation Date: circa 1925
- Subject Date: circa 1925
- Town: Biddeford
- County: York
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 17.5 cm x 12.5 cm
- Local Code: 2845
- Collection: Pepperell Collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:McArthur Public Library
PO Box 346, Biddeford, ME 04005
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Jacquard weaving--Maine--Biddeford
- Milling machines
- Pepperell Manufacturing Company
- Textile factories--Maine--Biddeford
- Textile industry--Equipment and supplies--Maine--Biddeford
- Textile industry--Maine--Biddeford
- Textile mill workers--Maine--Biddeford
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.