Contributed by McArthur Public Library
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Two unidentified women attend the Jacquard looms at the Pepperell Mills, Biddeford, circa 1925.
Jacquard looms were used to weave complex designs into cloth using the punch cards that can be seen at the top of the looms.
About This Item
- Title: Jacquard looms at the Pepperell Mills, Biddeford, ca. 1925
- Creation Date: circa 1925
- Subject Date: circa 1925
- Town: Biddeford
- County: York
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 17.5 cm x 12.5 cm
- Local Code: 2845
- Collection: Archival Collections
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Jacquard weaving--Maine--Biddeford
- Milling machines
- Pepperell Manufacturing Company
- Textile factories--Maine--Biddeford
- Textile industry--Equipment and supplies--Maine--Biddeford
- Textile industry--Maine--Biddeford
- Textile mill workers--Maine--Biddeford
For more information about this item, contact:McArthur Public Library
PO Box 346, Biddeford, ME 04005
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.