Contributed by McArthur Public Library
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Unidentified employees attend the brushing machines at the Pepperell Mills, Biddeford, circa 1925. Brushing was part of the "finishing" or "dressing" process for the cloth, and removed further imperfections or impurities from it.
About This Item
- Title: Brushing machines at the Pepperell Mills, Biddeford, ca. 1925
- Creation Date: circa 1925
- Subject Date: circa 1925
- Town: Biddeford
- County: York
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 12.5 cm x 17.5 cm
- Local Code: 2864
- Collection: Archival Collections
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Milling machines
- Pepperell Manufacturing Company
- Textile factories--Maine--Biddeford
- Textile industry--Equipment and supplies--Maine--Biddeford
- Textile industry--Maine--Biddeford
- Textile mill workers--Maine--Biddeford
For more information about this item, contact:McArthur Public Library
PO Box 346, Biddeford, ME 04005
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.