Contributed by Farnsworth Art Museum through Peary-MacMillan Arctic Museum and Arctic Studies Center
Dennis Cole, class of 1888, cuts a dashing figure as he poses with his rifle and pistol before leaving his friends and classmates to participate in the Grand Falls Expedition. Cole was one of four men who were chosen from the larger Bowdoin College Scientific Expediton to Labrador to journey inland along the Grand River in search of the Falls.
About This Item
- Title: Dennis Cole posing with equipment, Labrador, 1891
- Creation Date: 1891
- Subject Date: 1891
- State: Labrador
- Media: Photographic print
- Local Code: 1996.11.18
- Collection: Farnsworth Art Museum - Rockland Camera Club Collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Peary-MacMillan Arctic Museum and Arctic Studies Center
Bowdoin College, 9500 College Station, Brunswick, ME 04011-8495
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractual obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Bowdoin College Scientific Expedition to Labrador
- Arctic regions--Discovery and exploration
- Scientific expeditions--Arctic regions
- Scientific expeditions--Arctic regions--Equipment and supplies
- Bowdoin College--People
- Grand Falls Expedition
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.