Contributed by Farnsworth Art Museum through Peary-MacMillan Arctic Museum and Arctic Studies Center
Mervyn A. Rice, Bowdoin class of 1889, of Rockland, is seen here aboard the Julia Decker. Rice was part of the Bowdoin College Scientific Expedition to Labrador, which set out in the summer of 1891 to explore the coast of Labrador.
About This Item
- Title: Mervyn A. Rice aboard the 'Julia A. Decker,' 1891
- Creation Date: 1891
- Subject Date: 1891
- State: Labrador
- Media: Photographic print
- Local Code: 1996.11.17
- Collection: Farnsworth Art Museum - Rockland Camera Club Collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Bowdoin College--People
- Scientific expeditions--Arctic regions
- Scientific expeditions--Arctic regions--Equipment and supplies
- Arctic regions--Discovery and exploration
- Bowdoin College Scientific Expedition to Labrador
- Julia A. Decker (Ship)
For more information about this item, contact:Peary-MacMillan Arctic Museum and Arctic Studies Center
Bowdoin College, 9500 College Station, Brunswick, ME 04011-8495
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.