Contributed by Farnsworth Art Museum through Peary-MacMillan Arctic Museum and Arctic Studies Center
The members of the Bowdoin College Scientific Expedition to Labrador posed aboard the Julia A. Decker on their first day at sea.
The group was setting out under the direction of Bowdoin Professor Leslie A. Lee to explore the coast of Labrador and possibly discover the Grand Falls, a fabled waterfall at the terminus of the Grand River.
About This Item
- Title: First day at sea for the Bowdoin Boys, 1891
- Creation Date: 1891
- Subject Date: 1891
- State: Labrador
- Media: Photographic print
- Local Code: 1996.11.6
- Collection: Farnsworth Art Museum - Rockland Camera Club Collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Peary-MacMillan Arctic Museum and Arctic Studies Center
Bowdoin College, 9500 College Station, Brunswick, ME 04011-8495
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Bowdoin College Scientific Expedition to Labrador
- Bowdoin College--People
- Scientific expeditions--Arctic regions
- Arctic regions--Discovery and exploration
- Grand Falls Expedition
- Julia A. Decker (Ship)
- Group portraits
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.