Craigie House, 105 Brattle Street in Cambridge, was the home of Henry Wadsworth Longellow and Frances Appleton Longfellow and their children.
Frances Longfellow's father, Nathan Appleton, gave the couple the house as a wedding present.
Longfellow had rented rooms there before he was married.
About This Item
- Title: Craigie House, Cambridge, ca. 1900
- Creation Date: circa 1900
- Subject Date: circa 1900
- Town: Cambridge
- County: Middlesex
- State: MA
- Media: Photographic print
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:NPS, Longfellow House-Washington's Headquarters National Historic Site
105 Brattle Street, Cambridge, MA 02138
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Appleton, Nathan, 1779-1861--Homes and haunts--Massachusetts--Cambridge
- Longfellow, Fanny Appleton, 1817-1861--Homes and haunts--Massachusetts--Cambridge
- Longfellow, Henry Wadsworth, 1807-1882--Homes and haunts--Massachusetts--Cambridge
- Longfellow House (Cambridge, Mass.)
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.