Contributed by Longfellow Garden Club
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Alexander W. Longfellow Jr. drew a sketch for the garden gate at the Wadsworth-Longfellow House in Portland.
The house was the childhood home of the artist's father and the artist's uncle, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.
A note on the back of the sketch reads, "This was the original sketch of the A. W. Longfellow Gate given to me by Mr. Longfellow in late June 1924.
About This Item
- Title: Garden gate sketch, Portland, 1924
- Creator: Alexander W. Longfellow Jr.
- Creation Date: 1924
- Subject Date: 1924
- Location: Portland, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Pencil on paper
- Local Code: Coll. 1936, Box 17/10
- Collection: Longfellow Garden Club records at Maine Historical Society
- Object Type: Text and Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Decoration and ornament, Architectural
- Architectural decorations & ornaments--Maine--Portland
- Historic gardens--Maine--Portland
- Wadsworth-Longfellow House (Portland, Me.)
- Longfellow, A.W. (Alexander Wadsworth), 1854-1934
- Longfellow, Henry Wadsworth, 1807-1882
For more information about this item, contact:Longfellow Garden Club
c/o Maine Historical Society, 489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.