Alexander W. Longfellow (1814-1901) created the outline of the scene and his son, Alexander Wadsworth Longfellow Jr. (1854-1934), who was six, colored it in.
The notation on the piece reads "colored by Wad."
About This Item
- Title: Landscape by Alexander W. Longfellow Sr. and Jr., Portland, 1860
- Creator: Alexander W. Longfellow
- Creation Date: 1860-01-01
- Subject Date: 1860-01-01
- Location: Portland, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Pencil and watercolor on paper
- Local Code: Long 18755
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Longfellow, A.W. (Alexander Wadsworth), 1854-1934
- Children's art
- Longfellow family
- Longfellow, A.W. (Alexander Wadsworth), 1814-1901
- Longfellow, Henry Wadsworth, 1807-1882--Family
For more information about this item, contact:NPS, Longfellow House-Washington's Headquarters National Historic Site
105 Brattle Street, Cambridge, MA 02138
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.