Contributed by Peary-MacMillan Arctic Museum and Arctic Studies Center
This record was added to Maine Memory Network through the efforts of a student at Bowdoin College. Learn more.
Three of the "Bowdoin Boys" from the Bowdoin College Scientific Expedition to Labrador pose with local children on Negro Island.
Ernest B. Young, class of 1892, John Hastings, class of 1891, and Jonathan Prince Cilley, also class of 1891, were on their way to Labrador as part of Professor Leslie A. Lee's Bowdoin College Scientific Expedition to Labrador.
About This Item
- Title: Bowdoin group at Negro Island Harbor, Nova Scotia, 1891
- Creator: Bowdoin College Scientific Expedition to Labrador
- Creation Date: 1891
- Subject Date: 1891
- Town: Negro Island Harbor
- State: Labrador, NS
- Media: paper; photograph
- Dimensions: 10.5 cm x 13.5 cm
- Local Code: 1988.17.6
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Peary-MacMillan Arctic Museum and Arctic Studies Center
Bowdoin College, 9500 College Station, Brunswick, ME 04011-8495
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Arctic regions--Discovery and exploration
- Bowdoin College Scientific Expedition to Labrador
- Bowdoin College--People
- Grand Falls Expedition
- Labrador (N.L.)
- Scientific expeditions--Arctic regions
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.