Contributed by Seashore Trolley Museum
This postcard shows the grounds at Riverton Park with the Casino, the gazebo, and boaters visible. Although there are no visible trolley cars or tracks in this view of the park, Riverton Park was owned and operated by the Portland Railroad Company. The park opened for business in the summer of 1896 and comprised about 40 acres on the banks of the Presumpscot River.
About This Item
- Title: Riverton Park, Portland, ca. 1910
- Creation Date: circa 1910
- Subject Date: circa 1910
- Location: Portland, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Postcard
- Dimensions: 9 cm x 14 cm
- Collection: O.R. Cummings Postcard Collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Electric railroads--Maine--Portland
- Portland Railroad Company
- Riverton Park (Portland, Me.)
- Street railroads--Maine--Portland
For more information about this item, contact:Seashore Trolley Museum
PO Box A, Log Cabin Road, Kennebunkport, ME 04046
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.