Contributed by Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
These children, probably at the Woolson School, are part of the Good Health Parade and represent the Modern Health Crusaders.
The children's hats have the double-bar cross, the symbol of the National Tuberculosis Association.
About This Item
- Title: Modern Health Crusaders, Portland, 1924
- Creation Date: 1924
- Subject Date: 1924
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Glass Negative
- Dimensions: 8.3 cm x 10.8 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 1949, 2005.061.7202
- Collection: Portland Press Herald glass negative collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- National Tuberculosis Association
- Parades & processions--Maine--Portland
- School children--Maine--Portland
- Woolson School (Portland, Me.)
- Modern Health Crusaders
- School children
- Woolson School
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.