Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
A receipt made out to Martin Sherriden in Portland for $96 for passage from Liverpool to Boston for eight persons.
The receipt, from Harnden & Co. is dated March 27, 1847 and is for steerage passage, head money and bread stuffs for the passage.
Martin Sheridan was born in Ireland and lived in Portland.
About This Item
- Title: Liverpool to Boston ship passage receipt, 1847
- Creator: Harnden & Co.
- Creation Date: 1847-03-27
- Subject Date: 1847
- Town: Liverpool, Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Local Code: Coll. 2366, Box 1/1
- Collection: Kerr family collection
- Object Type: Text
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Emigration and immigration
- Ireland--Emigration and immigration
- Irish Americans--Maine
- Ocean travel
- Receipts (Acknowledgements)
- Transatlantic voyages
- United States--Emigration and immigration
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.