Contributed by Pierce Family Collection through Maine Historical Society
Not available for reproduction or licensing. More info.
Roscoe G. Greene, a friend of George W. Pierce of Portland and Maine Secretary of State, wrote a confidential letter to Pierce concerning his prospects for a state appointment.
Pierce wanted to be appointed state Attorney General. When he was not, he sought appointment as Reporter of Decisions for the Maine Supreme Judicial Court.
Greene was a strong supporter.
About This Item
- Title: Roscoe Greene to G.W. Pierce, 1834
- Creator: Greene, Roscoe G.
- Creation Date: 1834-09-14
- Subject Date: 1834
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Collection: Pierce family collection
- Object Type: Text
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Greene, Roscoe G. (Roscoe Goddard)--Correspondence
- Pierce, George W. (George Washington)--Correspondence
- Pierce family
- State governments--Officials and employees
- Maine--Officials and employees
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.