Contributed by Pierce Family Collection through Maine Historical Society
Not available for reproduction or licensing. More info.
Roscoe G. Greene, a friend of George W. Pierce of Portland and Maine Secretary of State, wrote a confidential letter to Pierce concerning his prospects for a state appointment.
Pierce wanted to be appointed state Attorney General. When he was not, he sought appointment as Reporter of Decisions for the Maine Supreme Judicial Court.
Greene was a strong supporter.
About This Item
- Title: Roscoe Greene to G.W. Pierce, 1834
- Creator: Greene, Roscoe G.
- Creation Date: 1834-09-14
- Subject Date: 1834
- State: ME
- Media: ink on paper
- Collection: Pierce family collection
- Object Type: Text
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Greene, Roscoe G. (Roscoe Goddard)--Correspondence
- Pierce, George W. (George Washington)--Correspondence
- Pierce family
- State governments--Officials and employees
- Maine--Officials and employees
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.