Contributed by Farmington Public Library
Lillian Nordica began a "Farewell Tour" in 1913, and most likely this was the year for the June 17th concert. Later that year she was on a voyage when the steamer Tasman struck a reef of the coast of New Guinea. She became ill with pneunomia and died in Batavia, Java on May 11th. 1914. Her performance with the London Symphony Orchestra is an indication of the high regard in which she was held.
About This Item
- Title: Farewell appearance of Lillian Nordica, London, ca. 1913
- Creator: Mapleson & Co. Ltd. London, England
- Creation Date: 1913
- Subject Date: 1913
- Town: London
- Media: Ink on paper; black and white printed poster w/ ph
- Dimensions: 26.5 cm x 21 cm
- Collection: Farmington Library Historical Collection
- Object Type: Text and Image
For more information about this item, contact:Farmington Public Library
117 Academy Street, Farmington, ME 04938
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.