Contributed by Lubec Landmarks
When Cadwallader Kelley operated the smokehouse he had the idea of marketing herring in little cellophane packages suitable for lunch boxes. These were sent out in cardboard display boxes for putting on a store counter.
About This Item
- Title: Kelley Smokehouse advertising ephemera, Lubec, ca. 1945
- Creator: Lubec Landmarks
- Creation Date: circa 1845
- Subject Date: circa 1945
- Town: Lubec
- County: Washington
- State: ME
- Media: Cardboard
- Local Code: LL009A
- Object Type: Physical Object
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Cad Kelley's smokehouse (Lubec, Me.)
- Smoked fish--Maine--Lubec
- Fish canneries--Maine--Lubec
- Canned fish industry--Maine--Lubec
- Herring industry--Maine--Lubec
For more information about this item, contact:Lubec Landmarks
, Lubec, ME
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.