Contributed by Lubec Memorial Library
Sardine carriers transported herring from weirs to the factories in Lubec for processing. Campobello Island and Mulholland Light are visible in the background. Note the foreground carrier is the St. Andrews.
About This Item
- Title: Sailing Sardine Carriers Docking, Lubec, ca. 1900
- Creation Date: circa 1900
- Subject Date: circa 1900
- Location: Lubec, Washington County, ME
- Media: Postcard
- Dimensions: 8.5 cm x 14 cm
- Collection: Edith Comstock Collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Fishing boats--Maine--Lubec
- Fish canneries--Maine--Lubec
- Canned fish industry--Maine--Lubec
- Food industry--Maine--Lubec
- Atlantic herring fisheries--Maine
- Herring industry--Maine--Lubec
- Piers & wharves--Maine--Lubec
For more information about this item, contact:Lubec Memorial Library
55 Water Street, Lubec, ME 04652
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.