Contributed by Lubec Historical Society
R.J. Peacock bought controlling interest in the Gun Rock Packing Company in 1894 and became manager. He ran the company until 1898 when he sold to The Continental Sardine Company. Later, Peacock regained control of the company and, in 1918, started a new factory on the site named R.J. Peacock Canning Company. The company also constructed housing for their workers. The company is currently (2009) in operation.
About This Item
- Title: Old Gun Rock Can Shop, Lubec, ca. 1900
- Creation Date: circa 1900
- Subject Date: circa 1900
- Location: Lubec, Washington County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 13 cm x 20.2 cm
- Local Code: Lubec Historical Society
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Canned fish industry--Maine--Lubec
- Fish canneries--Maine--Lubec
- Food industry--Maine--Lubec
- Group portraits
For more information about this item, contact:Lubec Historical Society
135 Main Street, Lubec, ME 04652
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.