Contributed by McArthur Public Library
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Two coal schooners at the Biddeford dock, the one visible owner's name is Charles H. Klinck, posted on the bow of the vessel.
This era was when coal (not oil) was the major fuel for power and heat.
Slightly left on the skyline in the rear can be seen the spire of Foss Street Methodist Church and right of center, the spire of St. Andre's Catholic Church.
About This Item
- Title: Coal schooners, Biddeford docks, 1912
- Creator: Charles E. Moody
- Creation Date: 1912
- Subject Date: 1912
- Location: Biddeford, York County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 12.4 cm x 17.8 cm
- Local Code: mca1070
- Collection: Charles E. Moody Collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Sailing ships--Maine
- Piers & wharves--Maine--Biddeford
- Saco River (N.H. and Me.)
For more information about this item, contact:McArthur Public Library
PO Box 346, Biddeford, ME 04005
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.