Contributed by McArthur Public Library
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
A group of (mostly) men and young boys waiting for the arrival of the steamer to Biddeford Pool. In the manner of dress, most of the young boys have caps, the gentlemen fedoras.
In the crowd with his back to the camera can be seen a policeman wearing a helmet, similar to the ones worn by English policemen (bobbies). In the background to the left is a lumber company building.
About This Item
- Title: Factory Island wharf crowd, 1912
- Creator: Charles E. Moody
- Creation Date: circa 1912
- Subject Date: circa 1912
- Biddeford, York County, ME
- Saco, York County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 17.6 cm x 17.6 cm
- Local Code: mca1071A
- Collection: Charles E. Moody Collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Piers & wharves--Maine--Biddeford
- Arrivals & departures--Maine--Saco
- Arrivals & departures--Maine--Biddeford
- Ferry terminals--Maine--Biddeford
- Piers & wharves--Maine--Saco
- Ferry terminals--Maine--Saco
For more information about this item, contact:McArthur Public Library
PO Box 346, Biddeford, ME 04005
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.