Contributed by Lubec Memorial Library
Most of the herring that supplied Lubec sardine factories was caught in weirs. Note bags of salt for salting fish as it is placed in the hold.
About This Item
- Title: Herring unloaded, Lubec, ca. 1930
- Creation Date: circa 1930
- Subject Date: circa 1930
- Town: Lubec
- County: Washington
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 7 cm x 11.5 cm
- Collection: The Edith Comstock Collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Canned fish industry--Maine
- Sardine fisheries--Maine
- Fishing boats--Maine
- Atlantic herring fisheries--Maine
For more information about this item, contact:Lubec Memorial Library
55 Water Street, Lubec, ME 04652
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.