Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
A horse and sleigh at the Maine Winter Carnival in Augusta in 1923.
The event featured various competitions for grammar, secondary, and college students as well as demonstrations of winter sports.
About This Item
- Title: Horse and sleigh, Winter Carnival, Augusta, 1923
- Creation Date: 1923
- Subject Date: 1923
- Town: Augusta
- County: Kennebec
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Local Code: Coll. 2010, OS Box 2, p137
- Collection: Guy Gannett Foundation collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Sleds & sleighs--Maine--Augusta
- Winter carnivals--Maine--Augusta
- Winter sports--Maine--Augusta
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.