Contributed by Lubec Landmarks
A traditional implement with a wooden handle, steel hoop and netting used at various points in the second step of the herring preservation process. Examples from the Lubec Landmarks collections at the Historic McCurdy's Herring Smokehouse.
About This Item
- Title: Dip nets at McCurdy's Smokehouse, Lubec
- Creation Date: circa 1995
- Subject Date: circa 1995
- Location: Lubec, Washington County, ME
- Media: Metal, cotton
- Dimensions: 127 cm x 40.64 cm x 40.64 cm
- Local Code: LL 009.A1-3
- Object Type: Physical Object
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Fishing nets--Maine--Lubec
- Herring industry--Maine--Lubec
- Food industry--Maine--Lubec
- Canned fish industry--Maine--Lubec
- Fish canneries--Maine--Lubec
- Smoked meat--Maine--Lubec
- Herring industry--Equipment and supplies
For more information about this item, contact:Lubec Landmarks
, Lubec, ME
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.