Contributed by Lubec Memorial Library
The view from above shows the many sardine canneries lining the waterfront at the time. The sardine industry peaked during World War II and fell into steady decline during the 1950s. Note the water tower at American Can.
About This Item
- Title: Aerial View of Lubec, 1947
- Creation Date: 1947
- Subject Date: 1947
- Location: Lubec, Washington County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 20 cm x 25.5 cm
- Collection: Edith Comstock Collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Aerial photographs--Maine--Lubec
- Aerial views--Maine--Lubec
- Fish canneries--Maine--Lubec
- Food industry--Maine--Lubec
- Canned fish industry--Maine--Lubec
- American Can Company
For more information about this item, contact:Lubec Memorial Library
55 Water Street, Lubec, ME 04652
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.