Contributed by Lubec Memorial Library
The American Can Co. opened in 1910 at the height of sardine production, employed hundreds of people, and closed in 1972.
About This Item
- Title: American Can Company, Lubec, ca. 1935
- Creation Date: circa 1935
- Subject Date: circa 1935
- Location: Lubec, Washington County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 8.3 cm x 13 cm
- Collection: Edith Comstock Collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- American Can Company
- Canned fish industry--Maine--Lubec
- Food industry--Maine--Lubec
- Container industry--Maine--Lubec
- Tin cans
For more information about this item, contact:Lubec Memorial Library
55 Water Street, Lubec, ME 04652
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.