Contributed by Farmington Historical Society
This building is now called Merrill Hall and serves as the administration building of University of Maine Farmington. It was the original building of the Maine State Normal School at Farmington. This photograph, taken from the corner of Academy Street and Main Street, shows the building in its second phase where wooden towers were replaced with brick turrets.
About This Item
- Title: Farmington State Normal School, Farmington, 1870
- Creation Date: 1870
- Subject Date: 1870
- Location: Farmington, Franklin County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 26 cm x 31 cm
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Farmington State Normal School (Farmington, Me.)
- Universities and colleges--Maine--Farmington
- University of Maine Farmington
For more information about this item, contact:Farmington Historical Society
PO Box 575, Farmington, ME 04938
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.