Contributed by Lubec Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
These are printers’ proofs of labels for Seacoast Canning Co., Eastport plant. These lithographed proofs were printed in the summer of 1909. No contents weight is shown, but obviously for small cans of sardines as the labels are about 2 by 3¼ inches in size. Standard cans usually measure about 3 by 4¼ inches. For Lubec sardine labels see #27666.
About This Item
- Title: Sardine labels, Eastport, 1909
- Creation Date: 1909
- Subject Date: 1909
- Town: Eastport
- County: Washington
- State: ME
- Media: Paper sardine can label proofs
- Dimensions: 5.2 cm x 8.2 cm
- Local Code: 63 jpg
- Object Type: Physical Object
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Canning and preserving
- Fishing industry--Maine--Lubec
- Canned food industry--Maine--Lubec
- Canned fish industry--Maine--Lubec
- Canned sardines--Maine--Lubec
- Sardine fisheries--Maine
- Canned foods--Labeling--Maine--Lubec
For more information about this item, contact:Lubec Historical Society
135 Main Street, Lubec, ME 04652
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.