Contributed by Lubec Historical Society
- Item 27117
- print page
- download web image
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Sealing sardine cans at Factory #9 located at “The Acre,” North Lubec. Short for “Devil’s Half Acre,” sardine canning began in this area about 1880.
About This Item
- Title: Can sealing, Lubec, ca. 1900
- Creation Date: circa 1900
- Subject Date: circa 1900
- Location: Lubec, Washington County, ME
- Media: Photograph on cardboard
- Dimensions: 15.4 cm x 20.9 cm
- Local Code: 48 jpg
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Fishing industry--Maine--Lubec
- Canned food industry--Maine--Lubec
- Canning and preserving
- Canned fish industry--Maine--Lubec
For more information about this item, contact:Lubec Historical Society
135 Main Street, Lubec, ME 04652
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.