Contributed by Islesboro Historical Society
The F.S. Pendleton and Company Store, located mid-island Islesboro in Guinea, served as a community gathering spot for nearly 100 years. Built in 1880, it was the largest store on Islesboro and stocked ship supplies, groceries, hardware and sundries. For many years, the Islesboro Post Office was located in Pendleton's Store, as well as one of the island's three public telephones.
About This Item
- Title: F.S. Pendleton and Company Store, interior, Islesboro, ca. 1930
- Creation Date: circa 1930
- Subject Date: circa 1930
- Location: Islesboro, Waldo County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Local Code: Open Photo Collection, Businesses
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Stores & shops--Maine--Islesboro
- General stores--Maine--Islesboro
- Business enterprises--Maine--Islesboro
- City & town life--Maine--Islesboro
For more information about this item, contact:Islesboro Historical Society
PO Box 301, 388 Main Road, Islesboro, ME 04848
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.