Contributed by Islesboro Historical Society
The Parker School was located in Pripet, at the northern end of Islesboro. Between 1892 and 1906, the high school was held on the second floor of the Parker School, sending graduates to seminaries, high schools and commercial colleges on the mainland. In 1906 Islesboro High School moved to the upper floors of the Islesboro Town Hall.
About This Item
- Title: The Parker School, Islesboro, ca. 1920
- Creation Date: circa 1920
- Subject Date: circa 1920
- Location: Islesboro, Waldo County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Local Code: Open Photo Collection, Schools
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- School children--Maine--Islesboro
- Parker School (Islesboro, Me.)--Students
- Group portraits
For more information about this item, contact:Islesboro Historical Society
PO Box 301, 388 Main Road, Islesboro, ME 04848
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.