Contributed by Islesboro Historical Society
This record was added to Maine Memory Network through the efforts of a student. More info about student projects.
This plaster statue of Abraham Lincoln stood in the Islesboro High School and can be seen in a photograph from the 1920s. The statue was donated by the Class of 1914 to the Islesboro High School. It is now on display in the permenent exhibits of the Islesboro Historical Society.
Inscription on metal plaque reads, "Presented by the Class of 1914."
About This Item
- Title: Abraham Lincoln Statue, Islesboro, ca. 1914
- Creation Date: circa 1914
- Subject Date: circa 1914
- Location: Islesboro, Waldo County, ME
- Media: Plaster
- Local Code: 1111.934
- Object Type: Physical Object
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865--Monuments and memorials
- Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865--Statues
- Presidents--United States
For more information about this item, contact:Islesboro Historical Society
PO Box 301, 388 Main Road, Islesboro, ME 04848
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.